Do I need a Building Permit?
Do you provide a Building Permit?
What is Colorbond Steel?
Colorbond steel is produced with a Zincalume base to provide corrosion resistance and then covered with a chemically applied conversion layer to enhance coating adhesion. On top of this goes a baked on epoxy primer and finally a baked on exterior grade top-coat.
This oven-baked finish resists chipping, peeling and cracking and means that each of the 20 Colorbond colours will not only look good for years to come but protect your home against harsh Australian conditions.
Colorbond Steel is lightweight and versatile giving architects and building designers freedom in locating interior walls and creating floor plans.
BlueScope offers a warranty of up to 25 years form the date of installation on any Colorbond steel roof against perforation by weathering in the natural elements. In addition to this warranty Fielders also offers a range of Watertight Installation Guarantees from 5 years to 20 years guaranteeing that your roof wont leak when installed by a Fielders approved contractor.
What is a Pergola?
- not more than 3.6m in height; and
- not more than 20m2 in area; and
- associated to a dwelling (i.e. not on vacant land); and
- located no further forward than 2.5m of the front wall of the single dwelling.
If you are planning on building a pergola with a roof, you must obtain a building permit, the same applied with a verandah or carport.
What kind of pergola roofing would you suggest if you were asked to pick?
- Using colorbond roofing gives you the strength and durability to last a life time
- Withstands high winds and bad weather
- Fielders roofing materials the best on the market – Australian made Bluescope Steel and Onesteel products
Are there any specific restrictions to a Pergola Design?
- No restrictions
- We can provide larger spans with fewer beams
- We can construct custom designs and non-standard structures
- Provide a building permit to council regulation, handle all dispensations, build over easement and liaise with all authorities
Do you offer complete and easy to set up carport kits?
- We provide a detailed quote with dimensions and 3D images
- Your Kit comes with an itemised checklist and detailed installation instructions
- Backup support to answer all your queries
Is there any chance that I could get myself a curved roof pergola installed rather than the simple flat roofs?
- Yes we can offer a curve roof verandah of all sizes.
- We can design a Flat Curve Flat Roof to enhance your backyard area.
- Various Roofing material options.
- Freestanding or attached to house.